Thursday 14 July 2011

What I got up to this evening

I should have been making bags but instead I was doing this. It was procrastination but at least it was sewing.
I was blog hopping this morning and ended up on doe-c-doe's blog, where I found a site brimming with lovely free embroidery patterns. I have been looking to use my embroidery hoop for ages so I ended up picking mushrooms. Now I have always been up front about the fact that my hand sewing leaves a lot to be desired but I have been making an effort to improve it.

I did sit and ponder how I was going to transfer the images to the fabric. I searched the interweb and read about several different methods. I decided to go back to basics.
My first attempt was rubbish, it took me a while to get my eye in and decide on stitches.
My second attempt was altogether more successful. I decided to to use different colours and my French knots improved considerably.
I feel a few more projects looming, oh yes that's right I'm supposed to be working....

No comments: