Wednesday 6 July 2011

Test quilt - day 2

So today was binding day. I followed the fantastic binding tutorial on crazy mom quilts. It was well written and the instructions were very clear.

I decided to pick another inexpensive Ikea fabric for the binding. There were a few strips cut before I got some uniform widths.

Understanding how to stitch the bind on was relatively straight forward, actually stitching the binding on for the first time was quite challenging. The corners were really a mental challenge, which took time to get to grips with. I found even more respect for all those ladies who do this all by hand.


The finished product was highly satisfying to look at. This was my first attempt at making a quilt and I really enjoyed the challenge of working on something new.


This project  has been a steep learning curve with regard to making patchwork and turning it into a quilt. It has left me feeling more inspired to create.

No comments: