Monday 11 July 2011

Messenger Bag

Sometimes you need to create just for the sake of it. i'm in that space at the minute, I'm looking for challenges and fun things to sew. I look at every project as an opportunity to learn new skills or at the very least to improve some existing ones.

During the week I stumbled across a tutorial for a messenger bag by Diary of a Quilter, I liked the fact that is wasn't going to take ages so I set to work. I picked some bright fabrics from my Ikea stash and I was pretty pleased with the result.
I think I would make the strap a little narrower and shorter if I was making another one. 

I popped a little pocket inside and I think I would make it wider the next time.

The tutorial made me think I could change my methods for making totes, by sewing in the linings in a similar manner. Everyday is a school day.

No comments: