Friday 4 March 2011

Stitch Magazine

I have been trying to control my urges to purchase fabric books, however I can never resist Stitch magazine. So imagine my joy when I discovered the new spring addition was out.

 
I usually get it from Interweave in the US, but I discovered that the delightful Hulu Crafts, here in the UK now keep a limited supply of it. The big advantage is that I only had to wait 24 hours for it from Hulu Crafts, compared to nearly 6 weeks from Interweave. So I was able to have a little browse over the weekend and here are some of my picks.
 I like mushroom fabric and really love this little quilt.
 I've been doing some work with felt lately and this little cushion is like eye candy, all those lovely bright circles.
 A bag with some free embroidery
 A lovely cuff
 A pretty scarf made from linen

The funny things is the I never really make anything to wear,  but these last two are really possibilities. I like the fact they are accessories, which seem less like putting myself out there.

I enjoy reading about techniques and seeing how I can incorporate those into my bags. If nothing else I like the eye candy. It allows my brain to think about all the things I could make if I just had another few hours in the day. Oh I feel a little daydreaming coming on.

No comments: