Tuesday 8 March 2011

How do you eat yours?

We had ours with Kettle bacon and cheese.

On Pancake Tuesday it has to be Scotch Pancakes.

There was much debate today about types and recipes, most people were getting crepes, but I find this so odd, as here in Northern Ireland, we are brought up on these thick fluffy pancakes. Don't get me wrong I love a freshly made crepe with chocolate spread, but not on Pancake Tuesday.

This year we opted to go savoury and it was delicious.  I have used the same recipe since I was 9years old, my brother made them in school and came home with a recipe. Feel free to try it out.

Ingredients
8 oz plain flour
2 oz caster sugar
2tsp cream of tartar
1 heaped tsp of baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
a pinch of salt
1 egg
1/4 pt milk

Method
Mix dry ingredients
Add the egg
Slowly add the milk and mix. It should be a thick consistency but not sticky. (You may need more milk depending on your flour)
Cook on a hot griddle rubbed with butter.
Eat warm and enjoy

No comments: