Monday 28 March 2011

New frames

One a lighter note from yesterday, I did use my new gold frames for the failed fair.

 
They are growing on me and I will post a couple of pictures of them in action tomorrow.

I ordered my usual silver frames back in December and when they arrived they were a 1/2 inch smaller on the sides. I only discovered this fact the night before St Georges market, when I couldn't use all the bags I had sewn :( To say I was upset and annoyed was an understatement. When I went back to my suppliers, my usual silver frames have now been changed. So my problem was I had bags sewn and no frames to put them in. They did have some gold frames, which were more expensive but the right size. I decided to cut my losses, not let fabric go to waste and order them.

They definitely suit some fabrics more than others but at least my hard work has now got a frame and I finally have some more stock for my shop, new listings soon I promise. I will probably order some more so as to put off having to redesign the bags for the new silver frames for as long as possible.

Although all that framing has sparked a bit of creativeness, just need my rib to catch up.

No comments: