Sunday 20 March 2011

French Village Bakery

Yesterday morning we popped into Belfast for a few messages and food. We parked on Stranmillis Road, so OH could get his hair cut and imagine my utter delight to find The French Village Bakery was back. My husband looked bemused as I babbled about it having the best pastry in Belfast.

It all started many years ago when I was a student at Queen's University. Stanmillis was my stomping ground and I discovered a little bakery that did takeaway sandwiches before they were trendy and the most amazing pastry. Lunch was often a large latte and a caramel choux. A few years after I left uni, it disappeared.

So on Saturday imagine my delight it was back. Same road but a different location. I wondered if it could still be as good..... it was as good as I remembered, better even.

Two caramel pastries and real coffee was enjoyed when we got home. Yum.

No comments: