Thursday 30 July 2009

Exciting Places

It is amazing where a day can lead you. Today was planned as a lunch date and catch with a friend who has just come back from some grown up back packing. I had arranged a playdate for my hubby so he did not feel abandoned as this was the third day in a row I have a girlie lunch date.

I went to pick him up from having coffee with my brother and he told us, that he and his partner - Sally the Artist - were going to the play resource centre and did we want to come along.......did i want to come along - silly question ..... I have heard people talk of this special place you need a card to get into and of all the wonders it had inside. So of we went on an adventure.

I will try to explain what a play resource centre is: it basically has two parts. One part is a shop with lots of craft bits - more of this later - the other half is full of free (yes free) resources. There were things like corrugated plastic, giant sheets of cardboard, silver and gold card...... then there was odd things like thread cones, waxed paper, old seat belts. It was just paradise, it really was a find a box and dive to the bottom and see what you find. These things are free because companies maybe make cardboard for sweet boxes and there is a misprint, so instead of throwing it out or paying for it to be removed they donate it for artists and youth groups. It was fantastic.

The shop side was equally as fun, lots of craft resources for you to buy - I came home with some paper fans, a big block of mutli-coloured felt, a giant bag of buttons and some ribbon. I was just so excited to finally find someone with an access card I will have to go back for another nosey soon. No pictures of the centre I'm not sure that's allowed but here's what I got from the shop.



I haven't decided what I will use any of these things for yet, but that's what I love about craft shops. You can go, like things, bring them home and then it hits you.

No comments: