Monday 13 April 2009

A forced break

As people who have busy lives do we sometimes get too busy even for ourselves. I had spend the beginning of the week manically sewing for this craft fair. I was well on track for making over 50 bags this week (my target) when I just got sick. I mean really just lie down in bed sick.

One minute I am standing in Marks and Spencer helping my mother pick yet more new glasses for a her Easter banquet and the next I was doubled over in pain. I'm not sure if it was something I ate or a bug but it wasn't good. I could hardly drive home. That was Thursday.

I decided I needed a break, and I felt rubbish, so I haven't been sewing all weekend. What it has allowed me to do is
  • get better - at least I can hold food down - just in time for my mother's food extravaganza.
  • catch up on on alot of backed up messages and emails.
  • blog.

Preparing for a craft fair is hard work and becomes all consuming (more of that soon) and all too often things like this blog suffer. So my new craft fair (a bit late for new years) resolution is to try and take a bit of time to do the day to day things, at least a couple of times a week.

While it was good to have a break, I really can't afford to be sick again until after 17th May, not even a sniff or cough, otherwise I will never have enough bags made. My target for the forthcoming week........ 50 bags, I am on holiday what else would I do with my time :0)

No comments: