Thursday 16 April 2009

Pin Cushions

I'm sure everybody recognises this
The famous tomato pincushion, this one is mine, although it usually has more pins in it. I have owned it for years and only just realised that the strawberry is there to help sharpen your pins, who knew. Recently I have been looking for a new one and here are some of my favorites.

An upgrade to a pink velvet pincushion available from Wimble Bees is a real possibility, I really like this one, it feels.....decadent.

I found this little number fashioned from Amy Butler fabric by Buddy Designs, it's the material that I like about this one.

This is a particular favorite of mine, it's a Prickly Pear Pincushion by Prettylilthings, a little whimsical, but fun and it makes you smile.
Back to the sewing machine.

2 comments:

lori marie said...

hooray for pin cushion love!! thanks for posting about my sweet prickly pear:)

smiles
lori

some pretty things said...

nothing quite like pincushion love, I really like that phrase