Saturday 3 April 2010

Computer Time

There is always a demand for computer time in my house. We have a desktop machine upstairs in our work room and a laptop. Neither of us want to sit upstairs all night, so there is often time-share issues over the laptop. I have wanted a bright red Dell for ages but have never really got round to purchasing it, there is always something else more needy needing bought.
 We decided to go for a netbook as an in between measure. Now we are not known for impulse purchasing, but we did on this occasion, as we just went out and bought one. The techno nerds out there may be poo-pooing netbooks and I was with you, but logic kicked in. We only needed something for surfing, and this little emachines netbook hit the spot. It has a great spec for Internet activities and a fab 3 hour battery, which is perfect for craft fairs with our mobile broadband.

I will admit I was sceptical about it even though it was my idea, but now I am in love. It is light, great for working in bed and I haven't touched the laptop since it's arrival. It's battery is genuinely 3 hours and the recharge time is super fast. It certainly isn't a gaming machine - which isn't a problem, who has time to game-, but it meets our needs as a spare for surfing and is quickly becoming a firm favorite. Computer harmony has returned and all this for £200, what a bargain.

No comments: