Wednesday 29 October 2008

Tea is good for the soul

In Northern Ireland few things are as important as a cup of tea.

Tea solves everything. You're a bit cold? Tea. Your boyfriend has just left you? Tea. You've just been told some bad news? Tea. There is nothing worse than visiting a dry house - one were you aren't offered a cup of tea within 20 minutes. Now don't get me wrong I'm not a caffeine freak (I give up that bad stuff 6 years ago and there is some great decaff out there) but I wouldn't, or maybe couldn't, get through the day without several cups of tea.



This need for tea has driven to search for the perfect teapot! To some a teapot is a teapot, but a good teapot makes a great cup of tea. So yesterday I went in search of a very special pot. I did own a teapot once, but it was cheap and made poor tea.



On the way, to find the perfect teapot, I shredded a car tyre in the middle of nowhere, battled with the complex business of releasing a spare wheel, while the the snowy wind cut through my coat, got the spare wheel on to find it was quite flat, spent an hour in a garage sorting the whole mess out before I got the teapot.



It is perfect, and makes a fab cup of tea, so all in all it was worth it.

And C.S Lewis said "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."

No comments: