Tuesday 7 October 2008

Christmas is Coming Part 1

I just love Christmas, it's not really the presents , it's all the other things. I love the meaning behind it and the general feeling of goodwill. I adore the colours and the lights, I like to wander around with coats and scarves on and feel the cold air on my face. Most of all I like the endless opportunity to make things.




Ribbon in Proper Christmas Colours


I like to make little decorations, not really just for trees, but for anywhere you can hang them. Here are two of my little Gingerbread Girls.




Almost there, just waiting for the all important bow and buttons.

Here is a finished girl, she just needs to get a little hanging ribbon.


Just in case you think I have a girl only production factory, I do make little Gingerbread Boys, but none are currently cut out. I will post one soon. Traditionally I only give them away, to good homes of course, this year I am toying with the idea of selling them at my Etsy store.

While I was digging around in my felt box I discovered these little stockings.
I started to make these the first Christmas my husband I were married with the intent of stringing them together and making a garland, with the J & K in the centre. It appears I never got around to finishing them, so on my to do list for before Christmas this year is to finish the garland.

2 comments:

LiPeony said...

aww that's so sweet... the gingerbread people look like they're full =D...

Kari said...

Those are very cute!