Tuesday 23 March 2010

Sewers Block

I have the bad case of sewers block. I want to sew but just can't bring myself to do it.


This has been going on for a while and is somewhat of a problem for someone who makes sewn items. I have been keeping up with my orders and custom work, but nothing "new" has appeared just for the sake of it.

I have tried just taking a break from making and that didn't work, so now I am trying to work on some new skills and doing some nice stuff (one of which I will post about tomorrow). I have also been spending some time just pondering and looking at my lovely fabric collection lately. I do feel the sparks of inspiration starting, but I also feel really frustrated. God bless writers, how do they cope. I am frustrated because I love sewing and making bags. I think I may have just suffered major burn out at Christmas, which is worrying as it is a busy time, which isn't going away. I'm off next week on holiday and I really hope that will give me some time to get going because my poor sewing machine feels very unloved at the moment.

No comments: