Monday 7 September 2009

& So 2 Sew

With my first big fair of the Christmas season 7 weeks away the time has come to start some serious sewing. My approach this year is very different, it is more structured and ordered.

At the beginning of each week I plan exactly what I want to have done by the end of the week and then break it up into smaller tasks. This has streamlined my processes and is allowing me to have a set work period every day. Some may believe that this stops the creativeness of the process, but really it allows me to focus on choosing fabric combinations. My bags are not "cookie cutter" but to fit the frames they do have to be cut to a specific shape so there are some limitations for creative freedoms.

Having tasks planned for each day means I come home from work, with my mind already switched on to what I need to do, so I spend less time ambling and more time working.

I am hoping this new approach will enable me to increase my productivity while keeping my sanity this year but I suppose only time will tell :0)

Watch this space for updates.

No comments: