Monday 1 June 2009

Zipper Purse

I have finally got round to trying to sew a zip in. After finding out that I did actually own a zipper sewing foot, I followed instructions from a tutorial I found on Liels Made blog. I fiddled with the pattern to make it a straight edged pouch.
This was my first attempt. I made it out of a little scrap of Japanese fabric and lined it with silver cotton. It is a little odd on one side as I didn't quite line up the fabrics. So I decided to have another go and came up with this.
I used pink martini fabric by Amy Butler on the outside and a jailbird stripe on the inside.




It's a nice little size for your card, lipstick and change. I think I might put a little bit of ribbon through the zip pull.
I have been looking for something like this to make for craft fairs. This little purse falls into the under £5 ($7.50) category, which is missing from my current range.
I have to admit I really enjoyed sewing this little purse and I didn't have to fight with a frame at the end of it all. I will do some market research tomorrow on what people think of these little purses.

1 comment:

Flash Poker said...

The matchless theme, is pleasant to me :)