Tuesday 2 June 2009

Etsy Finds - Finland

While in search of some lovely Finnish fabric I found some treats from Finland, which I felt I had to share.

The first is a lovely zip pouch is by syko. Kajsa has created some stunning creations and I am very jealous of her appliqué work - only because I can only appliqué when I hand sew. I am really drawn to zip purses at present, especially since I have been having a go making them. What I really like about Kajsa's work is that it's all original from her hand-drawn drawings. Her birds are especially lovely.

This bunny, from InnofHeart is so cute and reminds me I really must finish the bunny I started a long time ago. I also quite like that pink striped cushion he's sitting on.


This little Scottie dog brooch from vietto has given new life to an old piece of gingham

My car boot is filled with non plastic carrier bags, as so many shops now charge you for them. Some are bought, some are handcrafted in rare moments of down time. The ones I like have witty slogans or comments. An this one from 2ndlife caught my eye. I like it green or in yellow.

3 comments:

syko kajsa said...

Thank you very much! Welcome to Finland!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for including my little Scottie dog in your blog!

Anonymous said...

..I was so excited that I forgot to put my name under my comment.. :) Thank you again! --Minna/Vietto