Friday 9 March 2012

On my list

Like all fabric addicts, I have a list. "The list" contains fabric I want to buy for me. Cost is not a high consideration but eye appeal is. Some times fabrics linger unpurchased for ages and other times they fleetingly appear just to be scratched off when they arrive at the door.
I am a more considered fabric buyer these days. The must have feeling is more controlled and I normally :) allow a cooling off period. Two fabrics that I am currently deliberating over are

Typewriters in gold - Ruby Star Shining fabric by Melody Miller for Kokka fabrics.
Image of Typewriters in gold

&
Cars in red - Japanese imported fabric designed by Etsuko Furuya for Kokka Fabrics

Image of Cars in red
I like these twp for different reasons - the typewriters just appeal to my senses, I can see and feel the little clutch they would make and I can envisage the excersions it would take it on. The cars .... well I love cars but more than that I really like Etsuko Furuya's line and Kokka's product, for it something more practical - a zipper maybe but for what reason?????? I may just have to buy and let them arrive and inspire.

2 comments:

outdoor fabrics said...

The must have feeling is more controlled and I normally :) allow a cooling off period.

imported fabric said...

Ruby Star Shining fabric by Melody Miller for Kokka fabrics