Saturday 7 November 2009

Craft Fairs

So far I have been to 2 Christmas craft fairs in the last 2 weeks. Neither have been fabulous but certainly worth going to. The big upside is that I have created loads of stock, which I will be uploading to my shop over the next few days. It also means I have good stock for my big Christmas Fair in Decemeber.

One of the things I love about craft fairs is the opportunity to talk to my customers. Etsy is great but you don't get the chit chat, regarding what they would like. It allows me to see what bags and fabrics people pick up and touch. Often after fairs I feel the creativity flow and new things appear, one of which I will post about tomorrow.

Here is a picture of one of my latest tables.

At a lot of these craft fairs the tables can be.... lets say petite. I really struggle to not overload the table with bags and organise them in a way that makes people want to pick them up.

Still working at it.

No comments: