Saturday 1 August 2009

Custom Work

I often read about artists complaining about how making their work to sell squeezes their creativity. I actually find working with customers and working up their ideas a great seeding technique. I have been asked for many odd and wonderful things and sometimes these lead to something fab. Here are two examples



The Bag-uette
A stunning little addition to my clutch stable. I sort of had this one in my head but just couldn't quite .... then a lovely customer asked me to make something to put their cards and cash in that had a snap frame and this is what arrived.


Custom Labels

Brides are great because they always want something that is just a little bit different. Making custom labels is not new to anybody but me. The big challenge I had was finding the printable cotton, but I did and it is very cool.

1 comment:

Liesl said...

As long as I am in the mood and not too busy, I love doing custom work. Sometimes two minds are better than one.
Looks like you've created some lovely items for some very happy customers!