Monday 4 May 2009

Sewing Crazy

I have been sewing crazy over the last 2 weeks, there has almost been "smoke" coming out of my sewing machine, thankfully not real smoke.

My bag total for the craft fair now stands at 142 plus my shop stock. My spare bedroom has once again turned into a bag holding area, although my kitchen, isn't as bad as in the run up to my big Christmas fair, as it's not quite a fabric warehouse...yet. I still have some bags to sew, but my stress levels have dropped because at least now I have enough bags to take with me. I have made some truly fab bags, sadly most will not reach my shop, for a while at least. I have taken a note of the really lovely bags so I can recreate them.

I am almost at my sewing capacity, although with every sewing-thon I do, I find new ways to improve my sewing technique and stream-line my process. Some people have the view, that "mass production" of handmade things steals the creativity, I find quite the opposite. I often get a bit stuck in a rut of working with materials that sell well, but when I am making larger amounts of bags I am more inclined to dig deep into my fabric stores to get variety. I also match fabrics in more interesting ways.

Well back to sewing, and then maybe if i'm lucky some sleep.

No comments: