Wednesday 18 March 2009

New Purchase 2

I'm going to tell you all a secret - I am a closet petrol head (a gear head to my American friends). I just love cars, specifically Mini's, and last night I collected my new baby, my 4th mini.

I went from this one

To this one.....yum

The story behind this transition goes back about 19 months. I usually change my car every 2 years and 19months ago I arrived at the mini dealer to pick up my new car, and as we walked in I murmured to my husband look at the horrible colour of that car, who would buy a car that colour. The salesman then showed me to my new car and it appeared it was I who had bought it. It did not look anything like the colour I had picked. I think everyone thought I would get over it, so I got the roof painted silver and it improved but never got good, and for me, my car has to be good.

My husband suggested I get rid of it at 6 months, but I felt I had to stick by my decision. At the end of January this year I had, had enough and went and picked a new one and after a 7 week wait it arrived.

This is the car I have wanted for quite a while, but there was always other things I need to use my money for. This month sees me making my last student loan payment and the end of debt, so I thought either now or never, what else would I do with my money. I won't bore you with too much detail, enough to say, it's a Mini Cooper S and it goes very fast - not that I break the speed limit :o)

I walked around today with a big smile on my face and my mum just keep saying, "just sell a few more handbags and you're be no worse off" which amuses me but then I think why not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! I've always wanted a Mini.
It's very cute. :)