Tuesday 24 January 2012

Crafting Aims & Things Learnt

I don't like the term resolutions, so I'm going for aims.

I aim to cut  new fabrics when they arrive, and not leave them sitting.

Something I learnt from last year - I need to sew more for myself. Not just personally but also as gifts for the people around me. Sometimes when we start to make things we forget why we do it. I make bags because I love fabric. I love the look and feel of fabric, I love the creativeness that has went into the design process and mostly I love the colours. I am a fabric magpie.

So with all this in mind I bought this, it was the little dog with the pink coat that made me do it, as if I need an excuse.
Lightning Bugs and Other Mysteries
Now I do have a bit of this fabric already but I wanted enough to do a few things with it, and I feel a bit precious about using some fabrics.

Check back tomorrow for the finished piece.

No comments: